The Best Places to Stay in Sedona, Arizona
..as told by your Sedona Elopement Photographer, Traci Edwards
The Top Places to stay in Sedona for your Elopement
Sedona is my domain. This is where the majority of my couples elope in Arizona. The red rocks are jaw-dropping on your first trip there and every trip back you will find a new epic hike, climb, or any other adventure you come up with! Throughout my blog you will find lots of tips about eloping in Sedona and inspiration from past elopements. I am super excited to share with you though where to stay! Sedona is a tourist destination for sure, giving it all the luxury you could want in a stay. It is also an outdoorsy, natural community that gives you camping and more rustic options!
Airbnb in Sedona is huge! There are hundreds to choose from, but I am breaking down the BEST Airbnbs to stay in Sedona!
- The Chalet in Uptown – This is owned by the same folks that own the Matterhorn Inn making it a perfect place for you two the couple, stay nearby but not with family. Not to mention you would be near, but tucked away from all of the shops, restaurants and more. This Airbnb is only a 5-10min drive from some of the best locations to elope at in Sedona! The Airbnb itself is spacious, offers a kitchen, place to lounge, be outside and a great place to get ready. While the Chalet is not dog friendly, the hotel rooms are.
- A beautiful designed home – The home is spacious, beautiful and has a fun outdoor space. You will truly feel amazing inside of here. It makes for a refreshing stay and a stunning place to get ready. Conveniently located as well!
- A tiny home – This newly built tiny home is super cute for just you two, well designed. It also has a nice outdoor space for you hangout in a hammock tucked away in the woods, sounds relaxing to me!
- A Frame Cabin – This A frame cabin is another great stay in sedona for just you two! It is located with views of bell rock and the surrounding area! A frames make for a perfect background for a getting ready shot, ceremony on the balcony or first look.
- Dog Friendly Home – Looking for a dog friendly option? This one is perfect! Room for other guests, a huge outdoor fenced in space, a beautiful home to host or relax in. It also has stunning views of Thunder Mountain!
- Modern Luxury Stay – This beautiful home is in West Sedona and is a perfect place for you and a couple of others. The kitchen is amazing and it also has a hot tub, perfect for hanging out and spending time together.
The best resorts to stay in Sedona and other places other than Airbnbs
- Tiny Camp – A fairly new place to stay in Sedona that has sparked a lot of folks attention. I know lots of locals that have booked to stay here too! These beautiful small cabins are so cozy. Most of the cabins sleep only two people so it’s perfect for that private elopement, but you can book multiple cabins if you have other folks coming. You can not beat the views and amenities.
- L’Auberge de Sedona – This is a resort style hotel with beautiful places to stay. They also have some dog friendly options! If you’re looking to have an adventure elopement in the area, but a small reception for your family afterwards then this is a great option because they also have wedding options.
- Adobe Grand Villas – This location is conveniently located in West Sedona with a hot tub and a pool. There is also a private chef that does breakfasts and dinners, perfect for a meal after your elopement. The rooms are spacious and unique.
- Retreat Near Slide Rock State Park – With a great location this place has all the COZY bells and whistles. If you’re looking for something out of the traffic and out of town that will give you comfort and a place to take in that you got married and enjoy the evening this is it.
- Creekside Inn – This is a cute place to stay tucked away by the creek near town. The rooms are spacious and beautiful! You can also book a massage on site before or after your elopement day, hello relaxation!
- Chalets at Red Agave Resort – This place reminds me of camp from my Girl Scout days, not sure why lol. These cute little A frame cabins are on a resort, so you get simple but comfortable! They are also perfectly located if you want to be close to town with access to great trails. They also have a pool, offer s’mores by the fire and games in the courtyard.
- El Portal Sedona – Right in the heart of the shopping and dining in Sedona you will find this luxury hotel. The rooms here will give you all of those out West feels. This stay is also pet friendly!
- The Amara is a upscale resort in uptown Sedona with a lawn, great views and more to offer! Here you can hold a small private reception after your elopement with a private room on a balcony overlooking twinkling lights and the red rocks! The amara also has a spa!
- Dispersed Camp – If you will be arriving in Sedona with your RV, van or any rig and want to camp you can camp for free on a couple of forest service roads just outside of town! Just reach out to ask me for the best local secrets on where to stay on the road or you can use apps like Campendium to find your perfect little nook.
Other Epic places to stay for your Arizona Elopement outside of Sedona
- A Frame in Flagstaff – This little cozy, cute Airbnb will make all your cabin dreams come true! It is a great place to kick back, disconnect from everything but your partner for an elopement in Flagstaff, the Grand Canyon or in Page. You could even stay here for your Sedona elopement. The cabin is pretty central if you are doing a full week or a few days exploring different areas of the state and want to stay in one place. This is a super popular rental in Arizona and you should definitely book as far in advance as you can.
- Under Canvas Grand Canyon – I am obsessed! Look no further for the most epic glamping experience near one of the most breathtaking National Parks. This is perfect for an elopement where it’s just you two or you and close family and friends!
- A house boat – Say what?!?! That right a house boat and no we are not talking Seattle lol. Lake Powell (Page, Arizona) is a killer place to elope with its stunning red rock surrounding the blue water, not to mention the slot canyons and horseshoe bend being near by. Why stay in a hotel or an Airbnb when you can stay on the lake itself???
- Lost Dutchman State Park – An iconic area in the desert. You can tent camp, RV camp, van camp or rent a cabin when you stay here. Did you know you can also elope here??? Yep, all in one place! You can tie the know at the base of this beautiful backdrop or totally send it by hiking Flat Iron on your wedding day!
You guys! This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many epic places to elope in Arizona and so many different places to stay. Apart of each elopement I work on with a couple I help them in their planning, yes, that includes helping them search for the right place to stay. Feel free to reach out if you’re planning your Arizona elopement and still looking for a photographer! I would love to be there to capture your day and help you in figuring out all the details!
More tidbits and words of wisdom for your Sedona Elopement:
- Plan extra time! Sedona is a tourist area and there aren’t many roads through the town. If you have to drive through town to get to your elopement location plan for at least 10-15min of traffic. If you are eloping on a popular trail in Sedona like Devil’s Bridge or Cathedral Rock plan for extra time for parking as well.
- Where to eat?? Here are just a couple of my favorite restaurants in the area: Picazzo’s Healthy Italian Kitchen Sedona and the Javelina Cantina. For breakfast you for sure want to check out the Coffee Pot, home of the 101 Omelets! A lot of locals will recommend to you: Elote Café (be sure you have a reservation!!!), Hide Away House and Chocola Tree.
- Traveling to the desert??? It is easy to forget, but drink LOTS of WATER! 🙂 Listen for the rattlers. Rattlesnakes are around some people never see one after years of living here and some see a ton of them every year. Just be smart. Have fun and explore! The desert is amazing and has so much to offer <3
Looking for an elopement photographer in Sedona?!
I am your gal! I am a Sedona local and know the area well and can connect you with the other vendors you may need. I specialize in adventure elopements, creating a day completely dedicated to your love story.
Pin this blog post to your Pinterest!